Friday, November 9, 2007

Flower of Flesh and Blood (1985)

Title: Flower of Flesh and Blood
Director: Hideshi Hino
Writer: Hideshi Hino
Starring: Kirara Yugao
Studio: Guinea Pig








This is one disturbing movie! Flower of Flesh and Blood is a Japanese horror flick that tells the story of a woman who is walking home alone at night and is kidnapped by one really sick motherfucker. This guy takes her back to his basement where he gives her a powerful drug that renders her in a state of semi-consciousness. The madman then proceeds to dismember her while she is still alive.

Flower of Flesh and Blood is only for those who pride themselves on never turning away from the screen during the frightening parts. This whole film (it's really only 42 minutes) is all one big frightening part. Like I said, it's not for everyone, but the gore hounds will absolutely love it. The special effects in this movie are beyond belief. In fact, when Charlie Sheen was given a copy of this movie, he went straight to the police after seeing it and reported that it was a real snuff film. This is not true however, but the director was asked to produce the actress who was killed in the film, which he of course did. He also showed how he achieved some of the amazing (read: sickening) effects in the movie, and I'm glad he did, because it made for some very interesting extras on the DVD.

The horror movies coming out of Japan have always been phenomenal. American film makers should take note, the slasher film has been done to death, take a tip from Japan and go with something original like Flower of Flesh and Blood or any other Asian horror film out there. This film is insane, I didn't move the whole time I watched it. I don't think I even blinked. This movie really sent chills down my spine, even if the killer's helmet looks like a Darth Vader mask (watch it and you'll see what I mean).



Favorite Quote:

Killer: "Now I am going to present my collection to you."


RATING: 8/10



No comments: