Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Hostel (2005) and Hostel: Part II (2007)

Title: Hostel and Hostel: Part II
Director: Eli Roth
Writer: Eli Roth
Starring: Part I: Starring: Jay Hernandez, Derek Richardson, Eythor Gudjonsson, Barbara Nedeljakova, Jana Kaderabkova, Jan Vlasák, Jennifer Lim, Lubomir Silhavecky, Paula Wild, Lubomir Bukovy, Petr Janis, Jana Havlickova, Vanessa Jungova, Part II: Jay Hernandez, Lauren German, Heather Matarazzo, Bijou Phillips, Vera Jordanova, Roger Bart, Richard Burgi, Milan Knazko, Stanislav Ianevski, Ruggero Deodato
Studio: Lionsgate







I decided to post a dual review tonight, because these movies are so similar. I actually enjoyed the second film slightly more than it's predecessor, for the sole reason that the torture scenes are much more unique. The stories are exactly the same in both movies, except the first film follows a group of American boys backpacking across Europe and the sequel follows a group of American girls studying abroad. Both groups in both movies get lured into an underground torture ring where the wealthy pay to torture and kill innocent people. Of course, Americans fetch the highest price, so there are some seriously sick fucks just salivating to get their hands on some fresh meat imported from the United States.

The story is unique, and genuinely terrifying. Eli Roth has said that the idea for this story came from rumors that this exact thing is actually happening in parts of Slovakia. I suggest seeing both movies back to back if at all possible. Both films offer up a great movie night, so have some friends over, get the snacks ready and these two movies will seriously creep you out. More than likely you will hear the phrase, "Oh my God!" squealed more than a few times by your guests. Guaranteed you will be talking about these movies long after the credits are done rolling.





Favorite Quote:

Part I:

The American Client: "I've been all over the world. You know, I've been everywhere and the bottom line is: Pussy is pussy. You know, every strip club, every whore house, every... It's all the same shit. You know, I just fucked a girl two days ago and I don't even remember the color of her tits. But this... This is something you never forget, right? RIGHT?"




Part II:

Drunk Italian: "I knew you were a tease you fucking cunt."

Beth: "What the fuck did you call me?"

Drunk Italian: "I called you stupid fucking American cunt!"

Beth: "Fuck you!"

Drunk Italian: "The train to fucking Prague is long you bitch! We'll come see you."




RATING: Part I: 8/10 Part II: 8/10




No comments: